COUNT DOWN..The New Social Media Committee!
Working to create new opportunities with the following:
- New outsourced team with Social Media organization to assist with website upgrades and outreach. Click here: #ALDAROCKS!
- Increased postings on the ALDA, Inc. Facebook page to share Chapter/Group events, membership outreach and general information, and discussions about the late-deafened and hearing loss. Click here: #ALDA
- Revised generic Late-Deafened e-blasts to keep you up to date and share about ALDA that is for members and nonmembers alike. The quarterly newsletter is for ALDA members only.
- Expanded outreach for suggestions, volunteers and input from you!
Share your ideas or join as a volunteer!
- ALDA Chapters and Groups – are working hard to make a difference and support the late-deafened
- ALDAcon Co-Chairs and Committees work hard to bring the annual ALDA Conference to life with Speakers, Exhibitors, Silent Auction and more to help educate others and inform others about ALDA
- ALDAcon volunteers and ALDA Board understand everyone cannot attend the ALDAcon and created the Social Media Committee to connect and unite ALDA outreach and support.
- Unlike other hearing loss organizations with paid Board staff, the Association of Late-Deafened Adults Board is comprised of volunteers only. No paid staff.
- Members, sponsors and volunteers bring it all together
Just a peak!
Puppy Raisers at the ALDAcon!
- Hear today, Gone tomorrow: A True Story of Love, Hearing Loss, Heartbreak and Redemption
- Managing Stress of Hearing Loss
- Who Am I? A Deaf Identity Crisis
- Strategies and Services for Combined Hearing AND Vision Loss
- When ADA does not apply!
- Hearing Loss and Late-Deafened Advocacy
- Mental Health is for Everyone! Let’s Learn Together
- Working Dogs in Training!
What an exciting year with discussion panels, engaging events, exhibitors and outreach this October in Overland Park, KS. Overland Park is listed as the #1 city to visit in 2019 by National Geographic magazine and is an outstanding location for the hard of hearing and Deaf. Come see it all! On-line registration is closed but those who have not yet registered can do so on site at Overland Park October 23rd through 27th! #ALDACON2019
Planning to attend? Visit the ALDA website information link to assist with any questions you may have. CLICK HERE
Hearing loss affects the entire family, hearing and hearing loss alike. ALDA National, Chapters and Groups, the ALDA Conference and the quarterly ALDA news are here to help:
- Provide support and educate about hearing loss, hearing assistive listening devices.
- Provide updates about the legal outreach ALDA has to make a difference for access to those with hearing loss and allow everyone the opportunity to support our legal endeavors.
- Share personal stories about hearing loss or living with someone who does.
- Educate and share hearing loss experiences for those with and without hearing loss to work together in making hearing loss visible.
I am good at_____________? Everyone can use volunteers, ALDA is asking for something different. We want you to be a part of our family.
You make the difference in supporting those dealing with late-deafness. We look forward to continuing to work together, to remain connected, to share hearing loss experiences for both those with and without hearing loss and to continue to advocate and increase public outreach to make ALDA and hearing loss visible.
Stay tuned for more email blasts to keep you informed and remember to respond to this email. Share your thoughts, suggestions and what you have to offer. ALDA looks forward to hearing from you.
CONTACT ALDA TODAY Click HERE!