This is a reminder that the nomination window for the Federal Communications Commission’s 2020 Chairman’s Awards for Advancement in Accessibility is open until 11:59 p.m. on September 4, 2020. The FCC is soliciting nominations for individuals who have made lasting and impactful contributions to the advancement of accessible communications technologies and services in the fields of policy, advocacy, research, and design.
Please send all nominations by September 4, 2020 to ChairmansAAA@fcc.gov. The information should include:
- The nominated individual’s name, current contact information and organization (if appropriate).
- The name and contact information of the person submitting the nomination or a notation that the submission is a self-nomination.
- An explanation of why the individual qualifies for the Chairman’s AAA.
- A description of the nominee’s work in support of accessibility in telecommunications and/or broadcast media. Any documentation supporting this work (e.g., media reports, published materials) will help support the nomination.
- A list of any specific efforts, products, policies or materials resulting from the nominee’s work in this space.
Award winners will be recognized at a ceremony to be held in October 2020. A subsequent announcement will provide specifics about the Chairman’s AAA ceremony, including exact date, time and location.
The Chairman’s AAA was first introduced in 2010 at the FCC’s celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Since the first award ceremony in 2011, the Chairman’s AAA has played a key role in FCC efforts to recognize technical advances that have made communications tools more accessible to people with disabilities. The Chairman’s AAA has been awarded on eight occasions to recognize outstanding private and public-sector innovations designed to advance accessibility for people with disabilities. Information about prior Chairman’s AAA winners is available at fcc.gov/chairmansAAA.. The 2020 Public Notice is available at https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-seeks-nominations-2020-advancement-accessibility-awards.
For questions or inquiries about the Chairman’s AAA please contact Deandrea Wilson (202-391-6266), Chantal Virgile (202-418-0056) or call the ASL Consumer Support Line at 1-844-432-2275 via videophone. Inquiries may also be sent to ChairmansAAA@fcc.gov.