by David Baldridge, Regional Director 4
Region 4 covers Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Yukon Territories, Japan, Pacific Islands, Asia, Australia, New Zealand. Our numbers make up fully one third of ALDA membership!
We have several active or newly forming groups or chapters:
California: ALDA-San Jose
- Leader: James Laffer
- Website: http://www.aldasanjose.org
- Meetings: Meetings are held on the first Saturday of each month
- Sample events:
- The Annual Holiday Party
- Winery Picnics
- Other Annual events
- Leader: Rebecca Herr
- Website: http://www.aldaboulder.org/
- Sign language
- Conversation reboot
- Living with Deafness & Hearing Loss
- Technology for Communication Access
- Hearing Loss at Work
- Role models
- Social chats, accessible events
- Outdoor groups
New Mexico: ALDA-ABQ
- Leader: Carol Sliney
- Meetings: Meetings are held occasionally.
Pacific Northwest: PNW-ALDA
- Leader: Could this be you? Contact David Baldridge or Corin Goodwin if you might be interested!
- Meetings: TBD
- There is significant interest from members but we need someone to organize us.
I hope our Region photo has you in it at ALDAcon San Diego 2022!