Want to recognize a great volunteer or organization? Each year ALDA honors people and organizations that have improved the lives of people with hearing loss or significantly contributed to the activities and well-being of ALDA. This is your chance to recognize these individuals and organizations.
Award categories include:
- I. King Jordan Award – Presented at the discretion of the Board of Directors to a late-deafened person who has succeeded and become distinguished in their chosen field of endeavor and is an outstanding role model for other late-deafened people and for deaf people in general.
- Robert R. Davila ALDA Angel Award – Presented to an individual, organization, or agency providing ALDA with important services, funding or other forms of support during the year.
- ALDA Brainstorm Award — Presented for a creative idea or initiative which has had or will have a significant long-term benefit to ALDA.
- Bob Hawley Fearless Leader Award — Presented to an individual for superior leadership in advancing, maintaining or establishing an ALDA chapter or a group.
- Able ALDAn Award — Presented to a member of ALDA who has contributed time and hard work above and beyond the call of duty.
- Cheryl Heppner ALDA Advocacy Award — Presented to a person for outstanding advocacy on behalf of late-deafened adults.
Submit your nominations by September 3, 2022 through the online nomination form
If you have any questions, contact Awards Co-Chairs David Baldridge (RD4@alda.org) and Steve Larew (SLarew@aol.com).
Thank you for your continued support and for recognizing those working so hard to help others