Want to recognize a great volunteer or organization? Each year ALDA honors various people and organizations that have either improved the lives of people with hearing loss or significantly contributed to the activities and well-being of ALDA. This is your chance to recognize the individual accomplishments and achievements of those who volunteer and/or advocate on behalf of everyone with hearing loss. There are awards for ALDA members, non-members and organizations who have made significant contribution or achievements on behalf of people with hearing loss.
Award categories include:
- I. King Jordan Award – Presented at the discretion of the Board of Directors to a late-deafened person who has succeeded and become distinguished in their chosen field of endeavor and is an outstanding role model for other late-deafened people and for deaf people in general.
- Robert R. Davila ALDA Angel Award – Presented to an individual, organization, or agency providing ALDA with important services, funding or other forms of support during the year.
- ALDA Brainstorm Award — Presented for a creative idea or initiative which has had or will have a significant long-term benefit to ALDA.
- Bob Hawley Fearless Leader Award — Presented to an individual for superior leadership in advancing, maintaining or establishing an ALDA chapter or a group.
- Able ALDAn Award — Presented to a member of ALDA who has contributed time and hard work above and beyond the call of duty.
- Cheryl Heppner ALDA Advocacy Award — Presented to a person for outstanding advocacy on behalf of late-deafened adults.
Submit your nominations by September 3, 2021 through the online nomination form
If you have any questions, contact Awards Chair Steve Larew: SLarew@aol.com
Thank you for your continued support and for recognizing those working so hard to help others