2023 ALDAcon in Austin, TX – FAQs
1) When is ALDAcon 2023?
ALDAcon is Oct. 30-Nov. 3, 2023.
2) Where is ALDAcon 2023?
ALDAcon is in Austin, TX at the Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol, 701 East 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
3) How do I register?
You may register for the ALDACon 2023 online, email to email@example.com, or by regular postal mail. Online registration is encouraged.
- Online Registration: Click here to register online. (This option offers payment by credit card or EZ pay.)
- Manual Registration Form: Click here to download the form. Once complete, either scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org -or- mail to ALDAcon 2023 Registration, c/o Diane McDonagh, 5808 Churchill Street, Shoreview, MN 55126. (This option offers payment by check or Zelle. Save $10 on full registration when you pay by Zelle to email@example.com.)
4) Who do I contact for questions on the registration process?
You may contact the registration chair (Diane McDonagh) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) What about COVID-19?
Pre-convention, ALDA will be monitoring COVID-19 state and local CDC guidelines to post as broadly as possible should there be any change aside from strongly recommending COVID-19 vaccinations or masking when appropriate. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and keep Membership up to date with the best email contact address.
6) Are discounts offered for ALDAcon 2023?
Membership Discounts: Yes, members get the best rates!
- Current Members: If you need to renew your membership, you may do so on the ALDAcon registration page.
- New Members: The membership fee is a separate fee to activate your membership and can be paid at the time of your registration. The membership fee is not reimbursable.
Discounts, including Military/Veteran, Spouse/Partner, and Early Bird Rates can be found on the ALDAcon registration form.
7) What is EZ Pay Plan and how does it work?
The EZ Pay Plan allows periodic payments and is available to paid ALDA members. An initial payment of $50 or more is required. The final balance is due by August 31, 2023.
- Activation: The EZ Pay Plan can be activated upon completion of your registration form.
- Initial Payment: Minimum of $50.00 to start. Note your initial payment amount on the registration form. Take note of your Registration Identification Number.
- Additional Payments (MUST USE REGISTRATION IDENTIFICATION NUMBER): Click here to pay in periodic installments or in full. The EZ pay link ONLY works with your Registration Identification Number.
Monthly Invoice: Reminders will be sent until your account is paid in full (due by August 31, 2023).
8) How do I make Hotel Reservations?
ALDAcon hotel rates are available at the Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol from October 26, 2023, through November 5, 2023. Book online or by phone by October 8, 2023. Rooms may be limited, and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Online Reservations: Click here to Book the ALDAcon Group Rate
- Reservations by Phone: Call Sheraton Reservations at 1-888-627-8349 and mention group code BAZ or ALDAcon.
9) What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation fees are waived for any attendees affected by the ALDAcon date change (Originally planned for Nov. 1-5, 2023, ALDAcon, now taking place Oct. 30-Nov. 3, 2023). Potential reimbursement of costs incurred for flight changes and/or cancellations is being negotiated with the hotel due to their construction timeline interrupting our event. Please document any additional costs incurred, and we will take them into consideration.
Other requests for refunds (minus $50.00 handling and processing fee) will be honored until July 31, 2023. No refunds will be given from August 1, 2023 unless state, local and federal rules due to COVID indicate that our event cannot happen. Contact ALDAcon 2023 Planning Co-Chairs, Laura Taylor and Karen Peebles at ALDAcon2023Plan@alda.org for consideration of unique circumstances, such as illness or a death in the family.
10) I still have questions that weren’t answered here. Who can I contact?
Questions can be directed to the respective Volunteer Committee Members listed below.
- Planning Co-Chairs: Laura Taylor and Karen Peebles at ALDAcon2023Plan@alda.org
- ALDAcon Registration: Diane McDonagh at Registration@alda.org
- Business Manager: Joe Linder at Treasurer@alda.org
- Membership: Cynthia Moynihan at Membership@alda.org
- Programs & Call for Papers: Christine Seymour at ALDAcon2023program@alda.org
- Sponsorship, Exhibits & Advertising: Kathy Schlueter at ALDAconSETeam@alda.org
- Silent Auction: Sheiladawn Fitch at ALDAconSilentAuction@yahoo.com
- Scholarships: Karen Krull at ALDAconInfo@gmail.com
- Roommate Matching: Karen Krull at ALDAconInfo@gmail.com
- Hotel Reservations and Inquiries: Contact Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
For all other questions or general inquiries, please contact the ALDAcon 2023 Planning Co-Chairs, Laura Taylor and Karen Peebles at ALDAcon2023Plan@alda.org.
If you or anyone you know is not receiving the MailChimp posts, please contact Membership@alda.org to verify your ALDA membership e-mail. Thank you.